clumping of MEFs in suspension

Bob bbx107 at excite.com
Fri Apr 8 00:23:42 EST 2005

On 7 Apr 2005 18:33:39 +0100, anette.huebner at umassmed.edu (Anette)
wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>I just finished a MEF

What is an MEF?

Abbreviations and acronyms often have many meanings. Really helps to
give good info if you want good feedback.

>prep (one of many I have done so far), meaning I
>just plated my cells 2 hours ago. The efficiency of the prep seemed
>great.
>When I checked on them 10 min ago, I realized that the cells are
>forming big clusters in suspensions. I have NEVER seen this before.
>Well, these are not WT MEFs, but a new mutant. I was wondering whether
>this is something that happens for whatever reason, or, whether it
>could be a phenotype.

Well, regardless of what MEF means, that is an interesting question.
You will find out by seeing if it is reproducible, with proper
controls. Perhaps a solution was not correct this time, or perhaps you
do have a novel phenotype of your mutations.

bob