simple help question : alternative splicing and energy

appart hyper.appart at free.fr
Thu Apr 21 15:50:57 EST 2005

Hello everybody,
  My name is stephane, i'm a french student. I study medecine in
Poitiers, i'm in the second year of the studies (i've a lot of work above).
  I'm helping the first year student through a "tutorat". These are
evening lessons. I'm in charge (with 14 others students) of the cellular
biology tutorship.

  So I just have a little question : in an eucaryote cell, the
alternative splicing is non atp-depdendant (i'm sure of this) but i'm
not sure it's non-energy depdendant.
  I thought the spliceosome was taking energy from the binding between
the nucelotides in the DNA but i'm not sure anymore.

Could you help me please ?
Thanks in advance if you answer me.
Stephane.
---