Hypothesis there must be 64 m-RNAs

Colin North northcol at ____msu.eduRemove_____
Sun Jan 23 12:30:41 EST 2005

I think you need to clarify what you mean by 64 varieties of mRNA. As
far as I know mRNA is basically one form: mRNA. The sequence can vary,
but in the end it is simply what it is. Perhaps you're referring to mRNA
translation, where mRNA triplets are paired with complementary tRNA, and
from this sequence a polypeptide is polymerized?

"Logic indicates that must be 64..."
I disagree. Mathematics makes it POSSIBLE that there could be 64 of
something in a "base 4 language", but possibility does not necessarily
dictate reality.

CMN