[Cell-biology] BIOSCI/Bionet has a new home

Robert A. Bloodgood rab4m at virginia.edu
Sat Jun 18 10:19:45 EST 2005

Dear BioSci/Bionet person,
   During the last few years, an enormous amount of spam has been funneled
through the unmoderated Biosci/Bionet newsgroups (in my case especially
through the cellbiol one. Most of it seemed to come from/through England.
In an effort to avoid this huge amount of SPAM e-mail coming through the
cellbiol newsgroup, I tried on several occasions over a couple of years to
Unsubscribe to this newsgroup (through several methods) but was unable to
do so and all my e-mails went unanswered.  I strongly urge you to not host
or maintain any Biosci newsgroup that is not moderated, so that these
newsgroups are not readily available conduits for the professional spammers.
Robert A. Bloodgood, PhD
Professor
University of Virginia School of Medicine

--On Thursday, June 16, 2005 8:40 AM -0500 BIOSCI Administrator