[Cell-biology] BIOSCI/Bionet has a new home

Don Gilbert gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu
Sat Jun 18 12:30:34 EST 2005

Robert,

Thanks much for your note.  Spam reduction is where my initial my efforts for
biosci/bionet are just now. I hope we can do away with all unmoderated bionet
groups, since Usenet doesn't permit spam control in unmoderated
groups.  These will either be discontinued, if no biologists want to
actively use and moderate them, or be turned into moderated groups.

This Cell-Biology list is in this category - either one among you
readers will step up to help moderate it (there will be automated
spam filtering but that doesn't catch all the off-topic posts), or
it should be discontinued as a BIOSCI group.

The new management software allows e-mail subscribers a fair amount
of control on their access to the group: unsubscribe / subscribe by email/web,
digests, no-email but web-reading, etc.  All e-mail subscribers, including
yourself, should have gotten (or soon will get, slowed due to startup mail
delays), a notice about how to access your subscription account, including
a password.  For cellbio via link http://www.bio.net/ to