culture cells and human plasma

Harald Heider harald.heider at unibas.ch
Thu Mar 10 13:09:49 EST 2005

I am trying to add human plasma (derived from citrate blood) to cell
cultures. The set-up is the following: HEK293 cells are cultured in 12
well-plates in 1 ml of complete medium (DMEM with serum and
antibiotics). Then 700 microliters of human plasma are added (without
removing the medium). After 4h the whole stuff is coagulated! It is not
the medium and not the incubation period (I tried this). Does anybody
know how to avoid the clotting under these circumstances?

Thanks a lot

---