[Cell-biology] Medicinal Chemistry Molecular Pharmacology Post Doc Position at Purdue

rfatig at purdue.edu rfatig at purdue.edu
Fri Apr 7 09:37:57 EST 2006

One or more NIH-NCI funded post-doctoral training grant positions are
available immediately.  We have an interdisciplinary team developing and
applying chemical and bioanalytical technologies to discover and advance the
development of drugs for use as human cancer therapeutics. We use a wide
variety of chemical, molecular biological, cytological, and biochemical
methods to study the molecular pharmacology of natural product drugs and to
advance their use in combination therapies.  Appropriate candidates should
have a recent doctoral-level degree with interests or experience in areas of
relevance to protein biochemistry, cell biology, enzymology, natural products
chemistry, proteomics, genomics and/or other areas of relevance to cancer
research. A willingness to learn new experimental or computational approaches
is essential.

The supportive and collaborative environment at Purdue University provides an
excellent environment for postdoctoral training. Our laboratory and research
is also associated with the Purdue Cancer Center and the Bindley Bioscience
Center in Purdue Discovery Park. The Purdue Cancer Center is one of eight
National Cancer Center-designated basic-research centers and is committed to
helping cancer patients by identifying new molecular targets, designing future
agents or drugs for effectively detecting and treating cancers.

Please submit: CV and 3 references directly to: <davisson at purdue.edu>
Dr. V. Jo Davisson, Ph.D.
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Purdue University
575 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2091
Departmental Phone: (765) 494-5238
Departmental FAX: (765) 494-1414
MCMP: http://www.mcmp.purdue.edu/
School of Pharmacy:  http://www.pharmacy.purdue.edu/
Purdue Cancer Center: http://www.cancer.purdue.edu/
Bindley Bioscience Center: http://web.e-
enterprise.purdue.edu/wps/portal/Bioscience

Dr. V. Jo Davisson, Ph.D.
Professor of Medicinal Chemistry & Molecular Pharmacology
Heine Pharmacy Building
575 Stadium Mall Dr
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2091