[Cell-biology] Stem cell research question

Dexter Dexter at norespond.net
Fri Aug 4 11:36:19 EST 2006

I'm not a biologist, but I was in a discussion yesterday that came around to
stem cell research and the bill that Bush vetoed.  I thought I'd come here
and see of some kind soul would clarify it for us.  Is it just federal
funding for stem cell research that is currently prohibited but not research
itself?  Are there any prohibitions on stem cell research?  Also, I seem to
remember reading something about the bill allowing couples to donate unused
frozen embryos to research ...is that currently not allowed?

Thanks.