[Cell-biology] gall wasp

Roberto Botta roberto.botta at unito.it
Mon Jul 3 08:52:10 EST 2006

Dear Dr. Schonrogge,

I read your interesting article on insect-induced modifications of plant
development in cynipid galls published in Plant Cell and Environment.

Recently the cynipid Dryocosmus kuriphilus was introduced in our region
from Asia with infested chinese chestnut cuttings. We are thus studying
several aspects of the infestation including the plant-pathogen
interaction using molecular techniques.
I am thus searching contacts in Europe with Institutions involved in
similar works. In case you are no more directly interested in
plant-insect interaction, could you please indicate us a colleague still
working on these gall wasp?
Thank you and kind regards

Sincerely
Roberto Botta