[Cell-biology] RNAse ( BLOCKERING CHEMICALS)

Jayakumar, R R.Jayakumar at roswellpark.org
Thu Mar 9 15:05:57 EST 2006

Dear Damodar
    Generally, you take care of RNAses while you do the RNA preparation.
All solutions should be treated with DEPC and all surfaces and pipettes
etc should be RNAse free.  Store the freshly prepared RNA in RNAse free
microfuge tubes and store them immediately in -80C.  the RNA can be
dissolved in DEPC treated water (which is free of RNAses).
    DEPC is probably the most widely used RNA degrading chemical in the
market.  But you might have to degrade the DEPC by autoclaving after
treating solutions with it.  You can find the complete protocols for
this in "Current protocols in molecular biology".
   Best of luck
Jayakumar