[Cell-biology] Cell pellets

Kevin Carbajal via cellbiol%40net.bio.net (by kevcarby from gmail.com)
Mon Feb 12 16:28:01 EST 2007

It seems silly, but I'm having a horrible time pelleting and
recovering my mouse embryonic stem cells during a wash-instensive
protocol that labels them for FACS (TUNEL staining and surface marker
labeling).  I have changed obvious procedures such as centrifugation
speeds and solution replacing techniques.... but I keep losing too
many cells during the many washes I have to perform.  The pellets seem
loosely attached to my tubes... I keep ending up with either full,
half, or no pellets in my tubes.

Any ideas on how to make sure I don't lose so many cells... or at
least how to lose them equally in every tube?  Thanks!