[Cell-biology] Clumping thymocytes?

Allison via cellbiol%40net.bio.net (by allison from nospam.com)
Wed Feb 14 13:42:41 EST 2007

I am at the cloning stage of my hybridoma protocol.  I plated out
thymocytes as a feeder layer in a 96 well plate and then added my
uncloned hybridoma cells at a dilution of 1 cell per well or 0.5 cell
per well.  After about a week I can see colonies growing up in some of
the wells.  So far so good.  But I notice that in some wells, and only
in parts of the well, the thymocytes are clumped. So instead of a fairly
even lawn of feeder cells here and there I will see a clump of feeders
with a clear area around the clump. Further away from the clump the
"even" pattern resumes. Does anyone know why this is happening and is it
something I should worry about??
TIA
Allison