[Cell-biology] Fixing cells

Kevin Carbajal via cellbiol%40net.bio.net (by kcarbaja from uci.edu)
Thu Jun 7 13:17:03 EST 2007

Hello,
I'm having a horrible time fixing some very delicate stem cells.  I
have tried platting them on matrigel, on poly-d-lysine coated slides,
on polylysine/laminin coated slides... always fixing with 4%
paraformaldehyde for 15 min.  Most of the cells detatch and wash off
every time.
I think I covered all my bases with the slide-coatings... but does
anyone have suggestions for other fixative agents?  Would formaldehyde
be any different?

Thanks!
Kevin Carbajal