[Cell-biology] annexin/7-AAD-staining

Jayakumar, R via cellbiol%40net.bio.net (by R.Jayakumar from roswellpark.org)
Thu Jun 7 14:29:03 EST 2007

Well.. With 7AAD+AnnexinV you would get two populations in the UR window
in most situations. That is expected.  One mid apoptotic phase and the
other late apoptotic phase.  The midapoptotic phase would show slightly
weaker 7AAD staining and hence will appear lower than the late apoptotic
or dead cells. In a histogram, you would see it as a doublet peak which
is the typical 7AAD peak.  Is this what you are seeing?  If so, don't
worry. Your populations are correct.
   If not properly compensated for spectral overlap, you will not see
this two populations in the UR.
Jay
Jayakumar R. Nair, Ph.D.,
Dept. of Immunology (Dr. Kelvin Lee's lab)
Cancer Cell Center, room 405.
Elm and Carlton St.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute,
NY 14263. USA