[Cell-biology] dissociating cells from colorectal tumour

catalin tucureanu via cellbiol%40net.bio.net (by catalintucureanu from gmail.com)
Thu May 10 06:11:10 EST 2007

Hello,
I have to dissociate and isolate cells from a colorectal cancer
tissue (adenocarcinoma) while keeping as much of their normal function as
possible so it would be preferable to avoid tripsin. Protocols that I have
found online regarding the use of collagenase do not offer detailed
technical information. I would be interested in knowing the type of enzime
best suited, working concentration (in a standardised system), tumour weight
to enzime solution volume ratio, incubation times.
Any expertise regarding these issues will be very appreciated.

Thank you!

Catalin Tucureanu