[Cell-biology] western blot

Rosa Menéndez via cellbiol%40net.bio.net (by rosameco from hotmail.com)
Mon Oct 29 09:22:15 EST 2007

Hi! I have a protein in the capsid of a virus I wanna quantify, but i am not sure if a western blot could be good enough when I am expecting to have few copies per virion of my protein. The idea is to run different concentrations of my virus, to make a standard curve with other protein that is well described (we know how many per virion and its molecular weight) and then to compare the line of my protein with this standard curve... Any handy idea? Thousand of thanks!