[Cell-biology] Planarians, RNA, memory, cannibalism & knowlege

stephen.fox from insightbb.com via cellbiol%40net.bio.net (by stephen.fox from insightbb.com)
Wed Apr 2 22:21:27 EST 2008

I found your response to a forum request for information on memory
transfer after seeing a comment on such experiments in Maxwell's book
on the evolution of sex, "The Sex Imperative."  I believe the copyright
on the book is from the early nineties.  I also recall hearing just
last year that there had been some sort of a reappraisal of Lamarck due
to increased understanding of the role of RNA in heritable responses to
environmental stimulus.  If you have any additional information or
thoughts on the Planarian experiments in memory transfer, or, on the
current understanding of heritable conditioning I would appreciate your
sharing them with me.  Perhaps there is a particular resource you could
point out to me?

Best Regards,
Stephen Fox