[Cell-biology] EGF formulation for cell culture

Joanne Daniels via cellbiol%40net.bio.net (by joannecdaniels from googlemail.com)
Thu Aug 21 05:57:48 EST 2008

Hello everyone,
We add EGF supplement to our media when feeding cells every second day. The
EGF we use is a stock made up to 10ug/ml with water, and we have been
storing this stock at 40oC. I have however recently found out though that
EGF is supposed to be frozen and made up fresh for each use. We have not had
a problem storing the EGF at 4oC for over a month though - can anyone else
tell me what they do in their group? Perhaps our EGF is degrading in the
fridge, and we are effectively using a much lower concentration than we
think we are!
thanks for your help,
Joanne