[Cell-biology] (no subject)

Aftab Hussain via cellbiol%40net.bio.net (by sfanz from rediffmail.com)
Fri Aug 21 00:39:28 EST 2009

Can anbody please clarify the following doubts I have?

Phytases are enzymes usefull in hydrolzing phytate ie.the organic source of phosphorus. Acid phosphatases are enzymes which solubilize inorganic phosphorus.

In the literatue available it is mentioned that phytases are a gruop of phosphatases and some people say phosphatases are a group of phytases

Which is correct? and I would like to know the classification of both phytases and phosphatases. could anbody in this field help me out

Aftab from Bangalore India