[Cell-biology] LOUSY Leica Microsystems Customer Service

Anne Onime via cellbiol%40net.bio.net (by remailer from reece.net.au)
Mon Feb 20 15:47:32 EST 2012

For quite some time now, I have been experiencing some very bad
customer service from Leica Microsystems in Buffalo Groove, Illinois.

Where does one begin, there is no good customer service from this
company. They tell you how you will do business with them or you can go
elsewhere.

I don't understand why they don't stock some very basic consummables.
Every time I order anything, something has to be back-ordered. And you
might get it by Xams the following year.

Besides charging an arm and a leg for just about everything, there is
this snobby and arrogant corporate attitude from their customer service
department that goes something like "we don't need you, you need us!"

And then there is the matter of the service department who besides
charging an arm and a leg, they don't get it fixed right the first
time. I have seen multiple trips back and forth to get parts, to get
schmatics, to get whatever, and the problem is still unresolved. I want
to un-invite these inept Leica service people from my lab.

Leica used to be good, used to get it right the first time and charge a
reasonable fee. That acquisition by Danaher seems to have changed
things drastically from my perspective. Leica Microsystems now is
driven to charge for everything and the lab customers gets nothing than
headaches in return.

Is anyone else experiencing this?