general bionet.algae group?

chlamy at ACPUB.DUKE.EDU chlamy at ACPUB.DUKE.EDU
Wed Nov 10 10:16:04 EST 1993

Dan Coury asked,

>Can anybody tell me if there is a general algae/seaweed/phycology newsgroup
>in existence? If not, would anybody be interested in starting one? And is
>there a more appropriate group to which this message should be posted?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no such group yet, and discussion of
any phycological topic is welcome here.  Our charter says the following:

>Communications on all aspects of Chlamydomonas biology will be considered
>appropriate for this forum, as will discussion of other algae used as
>experimental systems, including but not limited to Chlorella, Dunaliella,
>Euglena, Scenedesmus, Tetraselmis, and Volvox.

You might want to post a message to bionet.plants also.

Elizabeth Harris
chlamy at