3'untranslated regions of chlamy genes

A428ENDE at HASARA11.SARA.NL A428ENDE at HASARA11.SARA.NL
Sun Jan 16 22:23:30 EST 1994

As promised here is a summary of the length of 3' parts of cDNAs:

Accession number             Length 3'
X61624                       700 bp
J04219                       670 bp
..
M36123                        90 bp
X66411                        30 bp
X66413                        12 bp

I didn't check if all these sequences contained an polyadenylation
signal. I only used the information which I could extract automaticly
with a computerprogram. The mean (if you can say that about some 30
cDNA sequences) is about 300 bp.
Does anyone know why there are so many genomic sequences in the library?
Last year it was about 50% of the total chlamy sequences. Is there a
problem with sequencing cDNAs?

Henk van de Kamer
CHLAMY at SARA.NL