More tips

Antonio R. Franco /S=bb1rofra/OU=/ at uco.es
Mon Oct 3 12:38:12 EST 1994

	Talking about tips.
	Now Olivier have broken the ice, I will give another tip, and
I expect the netlanders to do the same to enrich our network.
	To get rid of bacterial contaminants, I use antibiograms discs. I
stripe a line of Chlamy cells in a TAP solid media and have several of
these discs close of such a line. This way, I can use several antibiotics
at the same time and in the same Petri dish. Tetracycline, Cefotaxime,
Trimethoprim, erythromycin, ceftixozyme are fine. Chlamy cells isolated
in this way, remain in pure cultures for a long time.

                                  ``''``
                                 ( 0  0 )
      | Antonio Rodriguez-Franco        |   BB1ROFRA at UCO.ES         |
      | Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular |   BB1ROFRA at LUCANO.UCO.ES  |
      | Facultad de Ciencias            |   Phone: +34-57-218592    |
      | Universidad de Cordoba          |   Fax:   +34-57-218591    |
      | E-14071 Cordoba. SPAIN          |                           |