files on Chlamy gopher

Elizabeth Harris chlamy at ACPUB.DUKE.EDU
Fri Oct 28 12:33:07 EST 1994

The new Chlamydomonas database on the NAL server includes full descriptions
of strains in the Chlamydomonas Genetics Center collection.  By selecting a
mutant allele of interest, you can get a list of all the strains carrying
that allele, and then easily retrieve the full file information.  This
supplants the old catalogue of strains on the gopher server at Duke, and
I've therefore removed it.

I also plan to remove the address list on the gopher server.  It was
current as of summer 1994, but will no longer be updated since it's
superseded by the new database, and will be removed from the server soon.
Thus if you want to download this text file to your own computer for future
reference, please do so now.  It's about 96k.

Sequence information on the new database is also more up to date than the
old files on the Duke gopher, and there's a direct link to Genbank to
facilitate retrieving sequences.  I will put sequence information in for
Volvox, Dunaliella, and other Chlamy cousins soon.  Thus the old sequence
lists have been removed from the gopher, leaving only a codon usage table
that's about a year old.  I'll bring that up to date eventually.

The gopher server still contains the searchable abstracts from the 1994
Chlamy meeting, information on plasmids and libraries, and a few methods.
These will stay on the server until further notice.

You can reach the new database by gopher at probe.nalusda.gov, or by a link
from the Chlamy gopher at Duke.  The URL to reach it by WWW is
http://probe.nalusda.gov:8300

Questions?  Suggestions?  Comments on the new database?  I'd like to hear
from you.

Elizabeth Harris
chlamy at acpub.duke.edu