Photobioreactors -- New Product

Jonathan Sherman JONTHN at aol.com
Fri Jul 7 14:18:50 EST 1995

The company I'm with, MicroForest, has been working
in-house for several years with photobioreactors
(10L, 25L, 40L) that generate 1-5 g dry weight microalgae
per liter. A plant growth chamber company that
manufactures these photobioreactors for us has offered
to make them for anybody that might be interested.

The photobioreactor offers the following features:

    self-contained lighting
    open or closed system
    4 probe ports (i.e. for temperature reading, pH probe,
        ammonia probe, cell density probes)
    water heater
    bottom bubbler with adjustable air pump
    gas-outlet port
    liquid feed port
    harvest port
    internal coil for hook-up to external cool/hot liquid source
    over-pressure release

The body is made from acrylic. High intensity, low heat
fluorescent lamps are used. Prices are $700 (10L),
$1,100 (25L), and $1,500 (40L), shipped C.O.D.

Feel free to E-mail me if you have an interest. I can FAX
a line drawing of the product if needed.

--Jonathan Sherman