Greeting and some questions

MURANAKA, Toshiya muranaka at
Thu Oct 5 06:34:12 EST 1995

Dear Netters,

I have been studying signal transduction in plants for several
years.  A week ago, I moved to a project team studying green
I have little knowledge on green algae, so I am at a loss now.
Anyway, I would like to join this circle and to begin to study
on this field.

I have some basic question on green algae.

1.   Are there any studies on molecular diagnosis of green
algae such as Chlamydomonas, Volvox and Chlorella?

2.   Is it possible to obtain stable transformant in Chlorella

Thank you for your kindness.

Toshiya MURANAKA, Ph. D.
Research Scientist
Biotechnology Laboratory,