transformation responses

roel funke rfunke at
Thu Sep 14 08:12:18 EST 1995

Following are some of the responses I got in answer to my question
about transformation, and whether or not plasmids should be linearized
before using them to transform Chlamydomonas. Thankyou.

Stefan Fabry (stefan.fabry at was curious to
hear what got back to me, so I will pass on his angle:

We are currently also trying some tricks to improve transformation
(low-methylated DNA) and will be curious whether you
got some additional tips from the community.