Dominant selectable marker (ble)

Kosuke Shimogawara kosuke at
Fri Aug 9 08:13:55 EST 1996

Hi All,

Is there anyone who had already tried to make transformation with the
dominant selectable marker (bleomycin resistance gene) developed by Saul

Actually, I have some question concerning about the selective chemicals

By my experience, the optimum concentration of Zeocin for the screening of
the transformant of Chlamy on solid media seems fairly lower than the
concentration Saul Purton suggested (10 ug/mL).  I am just wondering that
the reason might be the difference of the chemical companies they produced
--- Saul said that he obtained from Cayla in France and I purchased it from

Kosuke Shimogawara
Carnegie Institution