Chlamy genome project, update

Elizabeth Harris chlamy at acpub.duke.edu
Wed Dec 17 19:14:14 EST 1997

A brief summary of what transpired at the December 16th meeting about
organizing a Chlamydomonas genome project has been posted to the following
web page:

http://www.botany.duke.edu/DCMB/ChlamyGen/genome.htm

There will be more information added to several pages linked to this one
within the next few days.  Your suggestions, comments and additional ideas
are most welcome.  We would like to continue discussing the project in the
bionet.chlamyomonas newsgroup, and to post all the discussion to a web page
as well.  If you're reading the newsgroup and are *not* interested in the
genome project discussion, you can ignore all future messages with subject
lines beginning GENOME:

On the other hand, if you're not reading the newsgroup messages, and want
to monitor the discussion, then visit the web page and click on the
"discussion" link there.  Nothing has been posted yet, but the page will be
revised as messages come in.  You can send replies directly to me, or post
from the discussion page.

This message is being sent both to the bionet.chlamydomonas newsgroup, and
to individual e-mail addresses in my files.  If you did not receive a
personal copy and would like to add your name to my address list, or update
an existing entry, please let me know.

Elizabeth Harris
chlamy at acpub.duke.edu