Sequencing Chlamydomonas

Joy Kovar jlk at
Fri Oct 31 15:27:15 EST 1997

        I am Joy Kovar working at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.  Our
Sequencing Core Facility has been having a lot of trouble sequencing our
Chlamydomonas sequence due to the high GC content.  Has anyone had
similar problems?  If anyone has any ideas about how we might go about
trouble-shooting this problem, I'd be very grateful.

        You can contact me at the following e-mail address:
                jlk at

        Thank you,

Moderator's note:  This question came up a couple of years ago, and the
Chlamydomonas Genetics Center web page:

Have we made any progress in the past two years?  Since this is a question
of general interest to our readership, I encourage respondents to post
their answers to the whole list.

Elizabeth Harris
chlamy at