CONTRIBUTE YOUR UNPUBLISHED cDNA DATA FOR ASSEMBLY

Charles Hauser chauser at duke.edu
Wed Aug 20 15:13:19 EST 2003

CONTRIBUTE YOUR UNPUBLISHED cDNA DATA FOR ASSEMBLY

We are preparing for a new assembly of EST data. This time, we will
make use of all the available cDNA data, including ESTs from other
projects/strains, Genbank entries etc... This will be made possible by
the availability of the draft genome sequence, which we will use to
drive the assembly.

Some of you may have cDNA data that could be invaluable to the project,
but have not yet been deposited in Genbank. If you want to share your
sequences with us, please send them as a FASTA file to Chuck Hauser
(chauser at duke.edu). They can be raw sequencing reads, or sequences
assembled from multiple reads, as long as they are cDNA data. They do
not need to be high quality.

Your sequences will be incorporated into our assembly process, but will
NOT be made publicly available. Only the information line will appear in
the list of sequences used to generate a contig, not the sequence
itself.

The requested format for each sequence is FASTA. The header line should
be less than 90 characters:
	>yourname_a number_a short description (if you wish)
	followed by a return and your sequence

If you happen to know the direction in which your sequence reads on the
gene, append at the end of the header line .x1 for a 3'->5' read, .y1
for a 5'->3' read

We are planning to start assembly early in September, so please send
your sequences before September 8, 2003.

With your help, we can generate a more complete description of the
Chlamydomonas transcribed sequences.

Thanks.

---