Postdoctoral Position Available

William J.Snell William.Snell at UTSouthwestern.edu
Wed Jul 9 10:55:03 EST 2003

Postdoctoral Research Position

Cell-Cell Interactions
and
Cell-Cell Fusion During Fertilization

Applicants should have the following:
	Ph.D. in cellular or molecular biology or biochemistry preferred.
Knowledge of molecular techniques and background in cell biology.

Using the green alga Chlamydomonas as a model system, we are studying
the cellular and molecular mechanisms of gamete fusion. Our research is
focused on characterizing Fus1, a protein essential for gamete fusion
and localized at the site of fusion.  We intend to characterize the
mechanism of activation of Fus1, the mechanism of its inactivation
after gamete fusion, and we will identify binding partners of Fus1
essential for its function.

For more information, contact:
William J. Snell, Ph.D.
Department of Cell Biology
UT Southwestern Medical Center
Dallas, Texas 75390-9039
Email: William.Snell at utsouthwestern.edu

UT Southwestern is an equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer