Microarray spot identification

Jamers An An.Jamers at ua.ac.be
Fri Jul 23 10:47:33 EST 2004

Dear All
I've purchased some of the commercially available microarrays and I've carried out a few trial experiments.  I've found some differentially expressed genes, and when I analyze the results (GenePix Software), I get the name of the gene in question the way it is presented in the .gal file.  However, I do not know where to find the name and/or the function of the gene.  For example, I've found an overexpression of the gene corresponding to the spot named 'JSOV:2:CO5' and with ID '1031080D10'.
Does anyone have any experience working with these microarrays and knows what these names and IDs correlate to?
Thanks in advance
An Jamers
An Jamers
Lab of Ecology, Biochemistry and Toxiocology
Department of Biology
University of Antwerp
Groenenborgerlaan 170
2020 Antwerp