[Chlamydomonas] need help for cross experiment

liming limingluo at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 16 19:05:43 EST 2005

Now I'm doing Chlamydomonas tetrad analysis. I meet some problems which
really confuse me. Sometimes my zygotes produce 8 progeny, sometimes 4. The
weird thing is that in some cases, I get 5 progeny from 1 zygote, 3 big and
2 small. It looks like one progeny's already divided into 2. Sometimes I
get more than 8 progeny from 1 zygote. I don't know how to explain these
Has anybody met such things before?  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Liming Luo
University of Texas at Austin