[Chlamydomonas] Counting chlamy

jgalazka via chlamy%40net.bio.net (by jgalazka from berkeley.edu)
Fri Jun 1 00:51:34 EST 2007

I am just beginning to work with Chlamy, and have had trouble getting
consistent cell counts.  My current protocol consists of removing a sample
from my culture, spiking it with 10% Lugol's solution, and then counting
with a hemacytometer.  When performing a growth curve, my counts are
inconsistent, especially at higher cell densities.  This contrasts with OD
measurements made at 750 nm, which are beautiful.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated!

Sent from the Bio.net - Chlamy mailing list archive at Nabble.com.