[Chlamydomonas] High-speed video of chlamy flagellar beat

ben via chlamy%40net.bio.net (by benjamin.friedrich from gmail.com)
Thu May 24 07:08:56 EST 2007

Dear group,

I am a biophysicist working on microswimming and hydrodynamcis.
For a summer project of a student, I need precise data of the
flagellar beat pattern of chlamydomonas,
especially the three-dimensional shapes of the flagella.

Can somebody hint me to good references?
Is anybody doing high-speed video recordings of a tethered chlamy
taken from to different angles to reconstruct the three-dimensional
shapes
of the flagellum?
What I found so far are only 2d-projections of the flagellar beat with
10 frames per beat cycle.

Yours
Benjamin Friedrich
MPI PKS, Dresden, Germany