[Chlamydomonas] about the fosmid

William J. Snell via chlamy%40net.bio.net (by william.snell from utsouthwestern.edu)
Mon Jun 1 18:31:57 EST 2009

Hi, Xiaobo:
Once you get the BAC, if you are interested in a learning about a BAC
Retrieval method that we learned about from a colleague in the fly
community,  please let us know. The method uses recombineering in a
cell that harbors a BAC to retrieve any fragment of DNA up to 12-20kb
independently of location of restriction sites.
~Bill Snell

On Jun 1, 2009, at 2:17 PM, Xiaobo Li wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am a new person to the Chlamy community. Recently I want to clone a
> genomic fragment of about 7kb. Considering the size, PCR maybe a
> challenge.
> So I want to order the fosmid covering it and hopefully can obtain the
> fragment by digestion. Anyone knows where to order the fosmid? Thank
> you
> very much.
>
> Xiaobo
>
> --
> *************************************
> Xiaobo Li
> Graduate Assistant
> DOE Plant Research Laboratory
> Department of Plant Biology
> Michigan State University
> East Lansing, MI  48824

William J. Snell, Ph.D.
Department of Cell Biology,
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Rm. K2-226
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75390-9039
T-214-648-2332
FAX-214-648-8694
Email:william.snell from utsouthwestern.edu