[Chlamydomonas] problems with rna-extraction from strain cc124

Martin Friemel via chlamy%40net.bio.net (by Friemel from uni-potsdam.de)
Tue Aug 24 09:10:23 EST 2010

Dear Chlamy-fans,

we have a problem with the wildtype strain cc124. We want to isolate
total rna with a well established protocol, that works fine for the
cell-deficient mutant strain cc503. But for cc124 we just have got
very low concentrations. We feed our cells with standard TAP (with
acetic-acid).

Does anyone has experience with the isolation of rna from cc124? With
yield could be expected? Is there anything known about low rna-content
in this strain while feeding with TAP-medium?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Kind regards

Martin Friemel
--