[Chlamydomonas] problems with rna-extraction from strain cc124

Martin Friemel via chlamy%40net.bio.net (by Friemel from uni-potsdam.de)
Tue Aug 24 09:10:23 EST 2010

Dear Chlamy-fans,

we have a problem with the wildtype strain cc124. We want to isolate
total rna with a well established protocol, that works fine for the
cell-deficient mutant strain cc503. But for cc124 we just have got
very low concentrations. We feed our cells with standard TAP (with

Does anyone has experience with the isolation of rna from cc124? With
yield could be expected? Is there anything known about low rna-content
in this strain while feeding with TAP-medium?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Kind regards

Martin Friemel
Major Master Biochemistry