(none)

Phil J. Curtiss curtiss at umiacs.umd.edu
Thu Apr 25 12:39:04 EST 1991

                               HELP!

I am looking for a good subroutine library to do constrained and
unconstrained non-linear optimisation.  I already use the IMSL library on our
VAX under VMS but I find that the routines operate poorly: they often take
too many iterations to converge and sometimes they stall or simply don't
converge.  I can solve the same problems with the NLIN procedure in SAS with
far less iterations but I have a very large number of such problems to solve
and SAS would simply not be practical.

Pierre Gagnon
Institut Maurice-Lamontagne
P.O. Box 1000
Mont-Joli (Quebec) CANADA
G5H 3Z4
--
Domain: curtiss at umiacs.umd.edu		     Phillip Curtiss
  UUCP:	uunet!mimsy!curtiss		UMIACS - Univ. of Maryland