NIH Projects on the UMIACS-CM

Phil J. Curtiss curtiss at umiacs.umd.edu
Tue Aug 20 15:15:19 EST 1991

	The University of Maryland Institute for Advanced Computer Studies
(UMIACS) is currently putting together a funding consortium to upgrade our
Connection Machine 2 to a Connection Machine 200 (as well as 32-64 bit
floating point hardware and 1Meg-4Meg of Memory). NIH is slated to join the
consortium and, therefore, I would like to hear from anyone who has a
project that is funded by NIH, in full or in part, that might be interested
in using a CM-200 to help with their work.

	If all those interested would send me the following,

		o Project Description (about 1 page),
		o Names and e-mail addresses of the PI and all those working
		  on the project that would need an account,
		o And any special needs, like tons of disk space, or access
		  to framebuffers or framegrabbers, etc.

either in e-mail or through the post office, this would help quite a bit. We
will also see to it that you get accounts on the machine once the consortium
has formed and we have the CM-200.

	Please send the above to curtiss at umiacs.umd.edu or,

			Phillip Curtiss
			University of Maryland
			UMIACS
			AV Williams Building
			Paint Branch Drive
			College Park, MD 20742
--
Domain: curtiss at umiacs.umd.edu		     Phillip Curtiss
  UUCP:	uunet!mimsy!curtiss		UMIACS - Univ. of Maryland