Apology

Phil J. Curtiss curtiss at umiacs.umd.edu
Wed Sep 25 10:33:46 EST 1991

Dear Readers of bionet.biology.computational,

	Allow me to apologize to all of you, the bionet, Sun Microsystems
and NSF for my mistake late last week which lead to the posting of the
Phillip Helsel article.  As Dave Kristofferson has already mentioned, this
article should never have been posted especially on a moderated newsgroup.

	Maintaining the distinction between a commercial posting with
potentially useful information and an impartial posting with potentially
useful information can prove difficult at times especially with other duties
and responsibilities.  However, I have committed a `violation of trust', as
Dave correctly put it, and for this I am sorry.

	Please understand that in the coming months and years as moderator
of this newsgroup I will be much more critical and reserve about what gets
posted and what does not in hopes of not repeating this mistake ever again.

Thanks for waiting while this mess got cleared up/explained, for your
interest in the field and your postings.

					Phillip Curtiss
--
Domain: curtiss at umiacs.umd.edu		     Phillip Curtiss
  UUCP:	uunet!mimsy!curtiss		UMIACS - Univ. of Maryland