Iris data

Robert Jones jones at think.com
Wed Sep 11 22:28:54 EST 1991

   I'm preparing demos and handouts for a course on pattern
   analysis, and I'd like to use as an example the famous example
   of the three iris species that can be separated by linear
   discriminant.
   [...]
   I can't find the original Anderson reference, or the Fisher
   reference, and no other paper gives the original data
   (understandably).  Does someone have a reference for another place
   where the data might be published, or (better yet) does anyone
   have this data on line in a file that they could mail me?
   [...]
   David Fry                               fry at math.harvard.EDU
   Department of Mathematics               fry at huma1.bitnet
   Harvard University                      ...!harvard!huma1!fry
   Cambridge, MA  02138

Take a look at the datasets that are distributed with the Statistics
package 'S' ... I've got a hunch (nothing more) that I've seen this data
within S.

I don't have the package here to take a look myself, sorry.

Robert Jones   jones at think.com

Thinking Machines Corporation

--
Domain: curtiss at umiacs.umd.edu		     Phillip Curtiss
  UUCP:	uunet!mimsy!curtiss		UMIACS - Univ. of Maryland