Protein tertiary structure prediction

R. Mark Adams ma690188 at
Sun Dec 27 16:39:17 EST 1992

Is anyone familiar with the current state of the art in tertiary
protein structure prediction by computer?  It has been a while since
I have looked into this, and I am wondering if there have been any
successes in applying computational methods to 3d protein structure
prediction.  I am aware that many researchers doubt even the
ability of computational methods for predicting secondary structure,
but I am curious if any tools exist for tertiary structure prediction.

Specifically, are programs available for prediction of tertiary
structure for globular proteins from primary protein sequence data?

R. Mark Adams
ma690188 at

Baylor College of Medicine
Department of Cell Biology