Looking for Structural Matching Program

Djamal Bouzida db3q+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jun 2 11:09:00 EST 1992

Excerpts from netnews.bionet.biology.computational: 22-May-92 Looking
for Structural Matc.. Ning Luo at acsu.buffalo.ed (646)

> Hi,
> 	I am looking for a program which can search through
> protein database such as Brookhaven and find the proteins which
> has a region homologous to a given segment of protein AND with
> similar 3D structure to that segment.

There is a netserver at EMBL in Germany.  Just send a mail message
to netserv at embl-heidelberg.de and put "help proteindata" in the
subject field or body of the message.  The server will reply with
Information about different software that's available.  A new homology
software has just been installed.

Good luck!

djamal