Mapping Software Workshop

Stan Letovsky letovsky-stan at CS.YALE.EDU
Wed Oct 7 10:54:48 EST 1992

		Genome Mapping Software Workshop
		  (Supplemental information)

November 8, 1992, 1:00-6:00 PM
Town & Country Hotel
San Diego, CA

This is an informal workshop preceding the Plant Genome I Conference.

The objectives of the Workshop are
(1) to demonstrate and share information on the properties of
current mapping software, and
(2) to engage software developers and mappers in discussions of
the strengths and weaknesses of current approaches and of
needs for the future as the volume and complexity of genome data
increases.
(3) to consider database components for storing and analyzing
mapping data, and for generating maps.

Current plans include presentations/demonstrations of MapMaker (S.
Lincoln), GMendel (S. Knapp, B. Liu), JoinMap (P. Stam), CProp (M.
Berlyn, S. Letovsky), and graphical genotype software such as
HyperGene (S. Boutin), and others.  Individuals who may have a
mapping product they would like to demo are asked to contact
the organizers so that we might try to arrange for it.
Discussion of needs for the future will follow the presentations.

There is no registration requirement.  Participation is open to all who
have an interest in advancing the development of mapping software.

Organized by Mary Berlyn (berlyn at biomed.med.yale.edu), Stanley
Letovsky (203-432-5145; letovsky at cs.yale.edu), and Ed Coe (314-
882-2768; ed at teosinte.agron.missouri.edu).