Image Analysis

Marcella E Grebus mgrebus at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Thu Feb 4 16:23:18 EST 1993

Help please.  I'm a graduate student in Plant Pathology,
interested in using IMAGE ANALYSIS in assessing area of
plant disease in turf plots.  My plots are 3' x 10' and
will be infested with 2 pathogens, both causing necrotic
[dead, brown] spots/patches of turf.

Can anybody help me with locating a source of [preferably]
PC software that could analyze photographs which have been
scanned in, and determine the percentage of area which is
discolored/diseased?  Somebody recommended to me to write
or call Jandel Software [the people who put out SigmaPlot(tm)]
but does anyone have the address/phone for this company?

I would really appreciate any advice, pointers, address/phone
numbers for makers of image analysis software.  I would be
interested in corresponding with anyone using this type of
technology, exchanging ideas, information, etc.

Please send *e-mail* to Marcy at "mgrebus at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu".
E-mail is appreciated since I don't subscribe to many newsgroups,
but I will be happy to correspond with anyone who wants to share ideas.

Thanks!
    Marcy