simulation of blood flow

Michael Resch zra60100 at nfhsg2.rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jul 29 09:06:54 EST 1993

i do not know whether this is the appropriate newsgroup for my question
(i did not manage to find something like biorheology).
anyway i try to get some information here.

i'm currently working on my thesis about the numerical simulation of
blood flow in large arteries. i have already worked on this topic during
my studies at graz/austria and we then described blood as a newtonian
or generalized newtonian fluid. in my thesis i would like to use better
models to describe the viscoelastic behaviour of blood (e.g. Oldroyd B).

it would be interesting to know if there is anyone out there who works in this
field or who investigates the behaviour of blood in search of useful
models.

also any pointers to relevant literature are welcome.

if you have some information please e-mail to

	resch at rus.uni-stuttgart.de

thanks a lot in advance

michael resch

Michael Resch                           Phone: ++49 (0)711-685-5834
Rechenzentrum Universitaet Stuttgart    Fax:   ++49 (0)711-678-8363
Numerical Methods for Supercomputers
Allmandring 30                          email: resch at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
70550 Stuttgart
Germany