Classification/dendrogram/cluster analysis/identification keys

Kevin Blaze klb at bbs.ausom.oz.au
Tue Jun 29 23:34:13 EST 1993

I need to write a dichotomous key to about 80 taxa.  At each branching
point, I want to have two possible paths.  I have a number of characters I
can enter, possibly in the form of a spreadsheet.

A cluster analysis program would possibly be even better.  Thus, I might use
the c luster analysis program to find similar groups of taxa, then write a
dichotomous key to the groups and finally within the groups.

Someone out there must have written such a program! Can you help me?

Kevin Blaze
VCAH (Burnley)
Melbourne
Australia