anyone looked at long-range patterns in DNA sequence?

Jason E Stewart jasons at bmc.uu.se
Sat Mar 20 16:01:37 EST 1993

In article <1993Mar17.153421.21757 at husc3.harvard.edu>,
mlevin at husc8.harvard.edu (Michael Levin) wrote:
>      Has anyone looked at long-range (much larger scale than average
> gene sizes) pattern in the genomes of various organisms? What I mean

Try to find a paper by Aris Wiessman and Dan Larhammar. I'm not sure what
journal, but it wa s within the last year. They show that the affects
attributed to the so-called long range correlations in DNA have a very
mundane explanation.

Jason.

Jason Stewart                                 Father at large
Department of Medical Genetics            jasons at bmc.uu.se
Biomedical Center, Box 589                Tel 46 18 17 49 10
751 23 Uppsala                            Fax 46 18 52 48 69
Sweden