HumBio Project -- Call for data and visualizations

Peter Hughes phughes at apple.com
Thu Mar 25 10:24:05 EST 1993

The HumBio Project:  Call for Data and Visualizations

The HumBio Project is a CD-ROM-based curriculum tool for sixth-, seventh-,
and eigth-graders, studying the function of the human brain and the effects
of neurotransmitters, alcohol, and drugs.  There will be a special focus in
depicting the effects of neurotransmitters on behavior.

	Volotta Interactive Video is producing this project for Stanford
University.  We are currently in a pre-production phase and we are looking
for data sets and visualizations depicting brain function on the whole
brain, neuron and molecular levels.  We intend to use state-of-the-art
visualization tools to render instructive visualizations from two-, three-,
and four-dimensional data sets as well as using already-completed
visualizations to their best effect.

	If you're interested in sharing your data for the purpose of
education and supporting the introductions of CD-ROM and scientific
visualization technologies into our schools, please e-mail phughes at igc.org.
Include your name, organization, and type and format of data you might be
willing to provide.  We are eager to begin production in the next few months
and will be excited to hear from you.

Sincerely,

The HumBio Team

(The HumBio Project is not in any way affiliated with Apple Computer or IGC.)